Friday, February 13, 2015

Senior pictures

Let's focus on Senior pictures. Almost every senior takes senior pictures. Because those are what sits at your open house. I'm going to give our photographers some helpful tips, but I'm also going to give some tips for the senior who's getting the pictures done, in case you're nervous.

First, the photographer. Always try to make the senior as comfortable as possible. Because chances are they've never had some type of professional pictures taken of just them. Try to get many ideas in your head about the poses you would want to do, because you don't want to get to the photo shoot, and realize that the poses you had in mind, don't fit your models personality. Also, bring props. Something to have them hold or focus on, because some people feel awkward in the beginning of taking photos, so having some type of props, such as books maybe takes their mind off of it until they get more comfortable.
I'm sure the Senior, or subject of your pictures, will have an idea of what they want to wear in the pictures, but you can always give them some friendly examples, or give them some friendly reminders of what they should stay away from.

Now seniors, DON'T BE SHY! always be comfortable with what you're doing! because acting shy while getting your pictures taken, can have a negative affects on your overall pictures. I was always taught, being shy hurts your smile. Another thing, do not force your smile, a relaxed smile is a better smile. Depending on your photographer, you can get helpful tips on how to get a more relaxed smile. And, if you want to get your hair touched up, or get a full haircut before your photography session, try to do it a week before your appointment. I'm saying this because if you do it a day or two before, your hair may still have that new haircut look, like a choppy look.

1 comment:

  1. I got my senior pictures done over the summer and I absolutely hated it. I found it very awkward to sit around posing while my family was giving me comments about how to pose and how to smile. However, I did enjoy deciding what to wear for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete